DipSheeTz are here... Read on ppl.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Nostalgia is good

Nostalgia for what we have lost is more bearable than nostalgia for what we have never had.... ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Now i dont even know whether I should write this one on a good note or a bad note.. Had drafted this article out earlier, with a totally different content in mind. But now, its Nostalgia itself that made me change the content :)
Happens.. That is why at times I ask my mind to stop thinking. It is thinking only, that creates memories, and then when you just dont need them, brings them back to your mind.

BUT, Nostalgia is much more than memory...
A web definition calls it as "Nostalgia is a longing for the past, often idealized and unrealistic"
Now, the difference between Nostalgia and memory is right there... Memory can never be idealised... and yea, never unreal !
Nostalgia, I associate it with every event happening to me, every person I meet, every good, every bad, every not so good n every not so bad thing happeing with me. But, there are these special ones, these special moments which give Nostalgia its true definition ! Its the feel that you get when you visit an old road you always used to walk on or when you go to your 1st semester classroom and sit on the last bench and remember the times or when you just sit back and think about all those lovely converstations that used to go on all night !
Trust me, this list can go on n on. And right now, I am in that frame of mind, where Nostalgia has gripped me completely. Its true, it brings smiles with it :) But well yes, a lot of pain for all that has gone by and will never come across.. Beautiful feeling !!

There is so much more to write about feeling nostalgic.. Hang on pals.. The next one will come soon...

5 comments:

$@ said...

hey when is the next nostalgic feeling gonna come??btw were you there for podworks?

deepti said...

pretty soon...
its come in ! jus waitin to flow out in the form of words :)

Unknown said...

Hey Copy Cat.........

Anonymous said...

hey thank you...

Cheers!
Sunny.

Nits said...

hey di u had a blogspot... never told me... bad girl... when did u start blogging??? why dont we do something?? me getting too bored dhere di, catch up with me sometime and lets get something going.... what say???